Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 31, 2006 Playlist

The Dream Syndicate - Halloween - Days Of Wine And Roses (Slash)
Opal - Happy Nightmare Baby - Happy Nightmare Baby (SST)
Captain Beefheart And The Magic Band - When I See Mommy I Feel Like A Mummy - Shiny Beast (Bat-Chain Puller) (Warner Brothers)
The Boys Next Door (The Birthday Party) - Death By Drowning - Hee-Haw (Missing Link)
Diamanda Galas - I Put A Spell OnYou - The Singer ((Mute)
Bo Diddley - Bo Meets The Monster - Rare & Well Done (Chess)
The Sonics - The Witch - The Ultimate Sonics (Etiquette)
The Misfits - Halloween - Collection II (Caroline)
Mortician - Worms - Hacked Up For Barbecue (Relapse)
Non - Scorched Earth - Easy Listening For Iron Youth (Mute)
Ultimate Spinach - (Ballad Of) The Hip Death Goddess (
Sonic Youth - Ghost Bitch - Bad Moon Rising (Homestead)
Sonic Youth - I'm Insane - Bad Moon Rising (Homestead)
Buffy Sainte-Marie - The Vampire - Illuminations (Vanguard)
Comus - Song To Comus - First Utterance (Dawn)
Dead Can Dance - I Am Stretched On Your Grave - Toward The Within (4AD)
Kronos Quartet - Black Angels: Thirteen Images From The Dark Land, Part 1. Departure - Black Angels (Nonesuch)
Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady -Greatest Hits (Mute)
Patty Waters - Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair - Sings (ESP)
Jandek - Ghost Town By The Sea - Graven Image (Corwood)
The Four Gospel Singers - Dry Bones - I Hear Music In The Air: A Treasury Of Gospel Music (RCA)
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Running Scared - Kicking Against The Pricks (Homestead)
Cramps - Goo Goo Muck - Psychedelic Jungle (IRS)
Daniel Johnston - Casper The Friendly Ghost - Yip! Jump Music (Stress)
The Neats - Ghost - The Neats (Ace Of Hearts)

2 comments:

Craig S. Mullins said...

How about adding the following:

Munsters Theme by The Comateens

Amityville (The House on the Hill) by Lovebug Starski

. said...

Frankly, I now remember why I never do shows with a theme. It's just not much fun, way too forced and cute. Ah, well.

Last time I did a Halloween-themed playlist I was dj-ing in a club on "New Wave Night." At least I was getting paid...