Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More Program Notes

For the rest of the spring, I'll be back on Tuesday mornings, 10:30am to 12:00 noon.

Do tune in next week for the Marathon (station fundraising) show. I'll try hard to make it as painless as possible...

This morning I mentioned looking at Captain Beefheart videos on YouTube, so here are two of my favorites. These are from the Captain's appearance on Saturday Night Live in 1980. As one of the comments suggests, this was during one of the absolute worst periods for SNL (and that's saying something), and I recall being completely blown away by these songs. This may have been the last time a musical act on the show really broke new ground--over 20 years ago!

Hot Head

Ashtray Heart

Search "Captain Beefheart" on YouTube for a bunch of equally essential Beefheart moving pictures.

No comments: